Subject: [6lowpan] Route Record

From: Lohith Y S <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:18:47 +0530

Hello,

I am involved in a project titled 6PANview which is aimed to perform
network monitoring for a 6LoWPAN network. One of the objectives of this
project is to extend the traceroute functionality by including path
information in the icmp time exceeded message takes on its way to the base
station. This is motivated by the fact that a typical 6LoWPAN network 
commonly operates in a nodes-to-base_station data movement, we feel it is
very important for the network administrator to know the path from a node
to the base station.

In view of the above, I feel it would be extremely useful to include route
record option in the 6LoWPAN header. A similar issue has already been
discussed in the following mail thread
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/6lowpan/current/msg01236.html

Can you let me know your thoughts on the above ?

Lohith

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.