Subject: [6lowpan] nd #132 (new): Time to stay in C=0 state

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:03:01 -0000

#132: Time to stay in C=0 state

 Carsten presented a situation with context management in the Beijing
 6lowpan WG meeting. The result of his analysis was that we always need to
 go through a depreciation time (stay in C=0) for a time before going to no
 state (and thus possibly re-using that context).

 Erik suggested a solution of adding a fixed protocol constant for this
 depreciation time.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  nordmark@…      
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new             
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                  
Component:  nd                  |     Version:                  
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/132>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:50:15 -0000

Changes (by zach@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 The following text was added to Section 5.4.3 "Maintaining Prefix and
 Context Information" to solve this ticket:

 "When the Valid Lifetime for a Context Table entry expires the entry is
    placed in a receive-only mode, which is the equivalent of receiving a
    6CO for that context with C=0.  The entry is held in receive-only
    mode for a period of twice the Default Router Lifetime, after which
    the entry is removed."

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |        Owner:  nordmark@…      
     Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  closed          
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                  
Component:  nd                  |      Version:                  
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed           
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/132#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>