Subject: Computer Security for Mobile and Wireless Training Conference - Wash DC - April 24 - Also, Call for nominations

From: David Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 18:43:24 -0400

To:  	   [email-masked]

Computer Security for Mobile & Wireless Business Applications in Government Conference

Call for Award Nominations: First Annual Computer Security for Mobile and Wireless 
Business Applications Awards 

(see below for nomination information)

April 24, 2001

Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington D.C.
Atrium Ballroom

Time: 7:30 AM Registration
Program Starts: 8:30 AM
Wrap-up: 4:45 PM

Co-sponsored by GSA Federal Supply Service

About this conference:

Government IT, Program, and Business Area Executives and Managers are quickly 
recognizing the exciting opportunity to extend their reach beyond the web to 
devices like cell phones, handheld computers, interactive pagers, Palm Pilots, 
and other PDAs. E-Government is also a key initiative of the new Administration. 
With the new e-Government applications and communications, computer security 
has emerged as a top issue and challenge. 

The commercial growth potential for this market is just about to explode. IDC 
Research projects that 61.5 million people will be using wireless devices to 
access the Internet in 2003. This is a 728% increase from the 7.4 million users 
today. Government business applications of wireless will track this explosive 
growth. 

This conference will highlight innovative management and technical approaches 
to the security of these mobile and wireless business and military applications 
and agency plans and programs for securing these applications.
Because of their importance to the government and the public, the conference 
will be recognizing government organizations who have demonstrated outstanding 
management and technical performance in security of mobile and wireless business 
(and military) applications. Please see below for nomination information.

Event Produced by The Potomac Forum ([email-masked]). Event support, research 
and promotion by Market*Access (www.marketaccess.org) 

Who should attend: 

* Agency IT Executives, Managers, and Staff 
* Agency Security Executives, Managers and Staff 
* Agency mobile and wireless program managers 
* Agency Telecommunications Executives, Manages and Staff 
* Tele-work and Telecomm Directors, Managers, and Staff 
* Functional area managers using mobile computing 
* Wireless and mobile solutions providers 

What you will learn:

* Agency plans, programs and priorities 
* Successes and Lessons Learned in Securing Mobile and Wireless Applications 
and Devices 
* Innovative government mobile and wireless security approaches and applications 
* How the law enforcement community approaches security for mobile and wireless 
applications 
* How the military approaches security for mobile and wireless applications 
* Security of remote database management 
* Security of handheld devices and PDAs 
* Wireless & mobile security solutions 
* How to structure wireless security solutions 
* Commercial and government best practices 

SPEAKERS

Gartner (to be announced)
John Inkley, Palm, Inc
Chuck Popelka, GSA FSS
James Downes, Treasury - Wireless Program Office
Jim Craft, Federal CIO Council
John Hooter, Chief IT Branch, DISA
Doug Landin, Colorado State Patrol
Maryanne Swanson, NIST

*** CALL FOR NOMINATIONS ***

First Annual Computer Security for Mobile and Wireless Business Applications 
in Government Awards 

Recognizing Technical Achievement:

Also at this conference, awards will be presented to those government organizations 
who have demonstrated outstanding performance and leadership in developing innovative 
approaches and solutions to the Security of Mobile and Wireless Applications 
in Government.
Submit your one page project summary to: [email-masked] 

Award categories to be considered: 

1. Innovative approaches and applications for mobile and wireless security
2. Enterprise-wide applications for mobile and wireless security
3. e-Business mobile and wireless security
4. Military Command and Control mobile and wireless security
5. Emergency and public safety mobile and wireless security
6. Mobile Office and Portable Applications security
7. Management and Leadership Success in the security of mobile and wireless business 
applications in government.

Candidate projects will be submitted to a joint industry-government committee 
for evaluation and selection. The award selection committee may combine or designate 
separate categories of awards.

The winners will receive recognition at the event and with their agency and may 
be selected to present their project at the conference.

Please survey your agency and department. If your organization has one -or more 
-candidates, submit your nominations.

Initially, we need only a max of 2 page summary of the project and a point of 
contact at the team so that we can obtain additional information as needed. Closing 
date for submission of your nominations is March 15, 2001.

How to submit your project for consideration:

Outline for Candidate Submission

1. Name of project:
2. Department/Agency.
3. Address:
4. Phone, email and web site contact: Information for Team/Project Leader and 
team members.
5. Brief description of the project. Focus on the application.
6. Status. Potential Impact. If the project or test is successful, describe the 
magnitude of the deployment and impact on the project and/or government enterprise, 
citizen Contractor(s) supporting the project (if any) and Point of Contact

The First Annual Computer Security of Mobile and Wireless Business Applications 
in Government will also highlight the new and exciting security applications 
that are in place today and are in development. Exhibits, demonstrations and 
presentations will allow government users to become informed of new wireless 
and mobile computing products and services.

Agency presentations will focus on projects in the early stages that will provide 
innovative enterprise-level applications. Leaders will be recognized for their 
contributions and technology innovation.

The conference is Sponsored and Presented by Potomac Forum, Ltd. with Marketing 
and Event Management by Market*Access International.

Corporate Sponsors: 

* Verizon Federal Network Systems 
* Market*Access International 

Organizational Sponsors:

* GSA Federal Supply Service 
* INPUT Government 

The registration fee for this important training conference is:

Government Credit Card or Check in Advance: $395
Government Training Forms/Invoice: $445
Industry and Federal Contractors, Payment in Advance: $595
Industry and Federal Contractors/Invoice: $645

We accept government training forms and government and commercial credit cards 
(VISA, MC, American Express).

Please register early. The conference area has limited seating available and 
we anticipate a sell out.

Points of Contact:

* For technical support with this web site, please contact Mr. Parrish Knight, 
301/652-2018 
* For information on exhibitor arrangements, please contact Ms. Danielle Ortiz, 
301/652-8797 
* For general information about this event, please contact Ms. Krissy Brooks, 
301/652-0810 
* For information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact Ms. Cara Lombardi 
at 703/867-6921 
* 
Purchase and Information Options

[1] Phone: 301-652-0810 and speak with Ms. Krissy Brooks.
[2] Email: [email-masked]
[3] Register online: Use our online booking form to register and pay by credit 
card electronically.
[4] Fax: registration form to 301-652-0914.
[5] Mail: registration form to:

Market*Access International, Inc.
5454 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 810
Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815

Sponsorships Available! For sponsorship information, please contact:  

Cara Lombardi

Market*Access International
5454 Wisconsin Ave. #810
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Phone (703) 867-6921
Fax (301) 652-0914

[email-masked]

Additional Information on Training Courses Available
For more information on these courses and sites, view our web site at www.marketaccess.org

Market*Access - Dale Carnegie Training Seminars

(For Gov't Fee for Service Operations)

* CRM May 8-10 (Washington, D.C.)
* Sales Fundamentals May 15-17 (Tampa) 
* Sales Management June 27-28 (Tampa) 
* CRM August 21-23 (Tampa) 
* Sales Fundamentals August 28-30 (Tampa) 
* Sales Management Sept 18-19 (Tampa) 
* CRM Sept 25-27 (Tampa) 

Sales Fundamentals and CRM are three-day classes. Sales Management is two-day 
class.

Additional dates to be set in DC and West Coast
Information on all events and training courses can be found at www.marketaccess.org 

If you wish to be REMOVED from this list, please REPLY and place REMOVE in the 
SUBJECT line.

Thank you.