Subject: Leadership Strategies for Government Managers - April 20 - One day - Wash DC

From: David Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 20:38:49 -0400

To:     [email-masked]

Leadership Strategies for Government Business Organizations
April 20, 2001

* How to train, lead, and motivate your agency staff
* How to achieve your agency's business goals through leadership and goal setting

Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington D.C.
Atrium Ballroom

Time: 7:30 AM Registration
Program Starts: 8:30 AM
Wrap-up: 4:45 PM

Continental Breakfast, Refreshments, Lunch included.

Sponsors:

Market*Access International, Inc.
Dale Carnegie Training

***See below for a complete list of Market*Access CRM, Leadership and Sales Skills 
training for federal managers. ***

About This Leadership Training Course:

Downsizing. Customer Service. Business focus. Performance. Results. How do I 
inspire my agency staff to set goals and achieve? How will I find, qualify and 
close new business for my government fee for service or franchise business activity? 
These are new times for many federal organizations who are taking on new directions 
in business management. These new directions may include a performance-based 
mission or charter as franchise business activities (FBA), Fee-for-Service, or 
CASU.

Now, these organizations are faced with the need to find, train, motivate and 
reward key agency personnel. Join us for a training seminar designed to instruct 
government managers in industry best practices for leadership and management 
development. This is a hands-on, tactical training course designed for government 
personnel who perform business management, sales and marketing management tasks 
and wish to move to new levels of professionalism.

Professional leadership is the art of setting goals and inspiring your people 
to achieve.

The training is highly interactive. Participants see, listen to, and are motivated 
by other management professionals. Practice selling, discussion, and analysis 
of various situations are key components in a motivational environment. The instructors 
know the federal government and understand its special needs.

Who should attend:

* Agency executives charged with achieving goals and objectives 
* Government executives and managers who wish to rise to new levels of leadership 
and professionalism 
* Newly assigned government sales, business development and marketing managers. 
* Customer relations supervisors and managers. 
* Anyone in your organization charged with responsibility for finding, qualifying 
and closing new business and managing the process. 
* Managers, business developers, sales supervisors, sales team leaders, customer 
account team leaders, market research, staff support for federal fee-for-service 
and franchise business activities (FBA) 
* Agency executive planning to put in place a customer service operation and 
wishing to learn about industry best practices for leadership and team management. 
* Customer service supervisors and managers 
* Agency program managers with internal and/or external customers 

What you will learn how to do:

* Coach high and low performers 
* Create a vision for teams 
* How to turn trainees into derby winners 
* Performance coaching 
* Conduct breakthrough meetings 
* Measurements, metrics, forecasting 
* Learn industry best practices from Market*Access and Dale Carnegie. 
* Create a clear vision for your agency or organization team. 
* Create a winning culture that exceeds goals 
* Solve performance problems 
* Time management ideas 
* The Law of Restricted Performance 
* Why people become successful 

What our students say about our courses:

* "I found the emphasis on government and our unique challenges to be very important." 
* "We need help changing our culture. Dale Carnegie training was right on target." 
* "Market*Access showed us how to identify opportunities. We put their plan in 
place the following Monday." 
* "I liked the idea of being with other government attendees. We shared ideas 
and solutions." 
* "I learned about industry best practices - with a government focus. Practical. 
Tips I could start using immediately." 
* "Your course gave me tools that I can use immediately upon my return to my 
agency." 
* "The most interesting and active course I have taken. Gave me a notebook full 
of ideas." 
* "Rick and Market*Access really understand the special needs of government. 
Recommend it highly." 
* "My agency was just beginning their CRM strategy. Your course gave us a foundation 
to start from. Thanks!" 
* "We were focused on platforms and technology. Your course helped us look at 
the people part of the equation." 
* "Our agency sent one person to the first session. We sent three to the last 
one. We will use this for all of our staff." 

About the instructors:

Mr. Rick Gallegos

Rick was educated at Florida State University and is a leading instructor for 
Dale Carnegie Training. Rick teaches and writes training courses directed at 
leading government and Fortune 500 companies. He specializes in customer relationship 
management (CRM), sales fundamentals and sales management training. Several of 
Rick's courses have become standards within the Dale Carnegie Training organization.

About Dale Carnegie Training:

At the heart of Dale Carnegie Training(r) is our mission to improve the performance 
of government and business by developing the innate abilities of employees. This 
mission is driven by our belief that people-the human asset-are the most powerful 
source of competitive advantage.
To maximize this advantage, Dale Carnegie Training(r) designs and delivers training 
programs to government and industry that capitalize on behavior-based solutions-real 
solutions that work in the real world. Each curriculum is developed to give people 
the knowledge, skills, and practices they need to add value to the business. 
And, even better, to help make the corporate vision a resounding success.

Mr. Don Dickson:

Don has been managing and leading the sales of information technology products 
and services to the federal government for over 25 years. He has served for eight 
years as Vice President of Computer Sciences Corporation. His training course, 
"Selling to the New Federal Customer" has become a standard in our industry with 
over 1,500 students attending Mr. Dickson's classes. His company, Market*Access 
International, conducts marketing, sales, research and event support to government 
and commercial companies. His government clients include the Department of Transportation, 
Defense Logistics Agency, GSA, and the U.S. Trade Development Agency. Mr. Dickson's 
training features tactical, real-world solutions to government new business needs.

About Market*Access:

Market*Access provides marketing, sales, market research and event support to 
government and commercial clients wishing to improve new business and customer 
service. Our training is hands-on, tactical. For more information about Market*Access, 
visit our web site at www.marketaccess.org.

...other speakers to be announced.

Course fees - including one day of training, course materials, hand-outs, refreshments 
(lunch included):

* Government: $495 per person (one day) 
* Industry: $695 per person (one day) 
* (Government invoice or training forms add $50.00 for processing) 

We accept government training forms and government and commercial credit cards 
(VISA, MC, American Express).

Please register early. The classroom has limited seating available and we anticipate 
a sell out.
Purchase and Information Options
[1] Phone: 301-652-0810 and speak with Krissy.
[2] Email: [email-masked]
[3] Register online: Use our online booking form to register and pay by credit 
card electronically.
[4] Fax: registration form to 301-652-0914.
[5] Mail: registration form to:

Market*Access International, Inc.
5454 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 810
Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815
Sponsorships Available! Contact Cara Lombardi at [email-masked]

Market*Access and Dale Carnegie Present ...

CY 2001 TRAINING SCHEDULE

All courses are designed for federal government fee-for-service operations, and 
agencies with customer service missions.

Customer Relationship Management for Federal Agencies
* May 8-10 (Washington, D.C.) 
* August 21-23 (Tampa, Florida) 
* September 25-27 (Tampa, Florida) 

Introduction to Sales and Business Development Fundamentals for Federal Agencies
* May 15-17 (Tampa, Florida) 
* August 28-30 (Tampa, Florida) 

Leadership for Federal Managers and Executives
(How to achieve your agency's business goals through leadership and goal setting)
* April 20 (Washington, D.C.) 
* June 27-28 (Tampa, Florida) 
* Sept 18-19 (Tampa, Florida) 

CRM Executive Conference
CRM Strategies and Best Practices for Federal Agency Executives
* (One day) May 11 (Reagan Building, Washington, D.C.) 

Notes about the above events...
* All Tampa training courses have rooms available at government rates but are 
in limited supply. Please sign up early. 
* Executive Conference on May 11 in Washington, D.C. is one day. 
* Information and syllabus on all events and training courses can be found at 
www.marketaccess.org or call George Groesbeck, Market*Access at 941-518-7693 
or [email-masked]. 
* Additional dates and cities will be announced at our web site at www.marketaccess.org 
* Sponsorships available! - Contact George Groesbeck, Market*Access at 941-518-7693 
for information on how your company can participate as a sponsor. 

If you would like to discuss your organization's special needs, call us. We provide 
custom courses on site or at our Tampa training facility. Call George Groesbeck, 
Market*Access, Sarasota office, at 941-360-3663. 

If you wish to be removed from this list, REPLY to this message and place REMOVE 
in the SUBJECT line.
Thank you.