Subject: Mailing list for Kerberos 5.1 and issue tracking page

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Apr 2001 12:25:52 -0400

At the lunch-meeting on section 5, Jeff Hutzelman and I agreed to set
up a mailing list for Kerberos 5.1 issues (the version that makes
minimal change) an an issues tracking system.

The mailing list is intended for discussion that leads to closing out
work items to get the 5.1 revisions draft out.  This includes getting
a diff between 1510 and revisions minus the current section 5.  The
intent of the list is to be task focused.  The list is public and
archived, but it is not the working group list; any consensus reached
on that list must be revalidated here.  It you don't care about the
specific details of how draft changes progress, then you probably
don't need to be on that list.  To subscribe, send mail to
[email-masked]; to send to the list send mail to
[email-masked].  You can also use the web interface at
http://lists.central.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/krbwg-51.  

An issue tracking system has been set up where we can express tasks to
be completed .  To log in, go to http://rt.central.org/rt/ and log in
as user guest with password guest.  The krbwg-51 queue contains the
issues we currently have to work on.  Due dates have been entered when
the issues were entered into the system, but people who agreed to
complete tasks should make sure the dates are reasonable.  If you
agreed to do something, you should soon receive mail with a username
and password that will allow you to update your tasks, link your tasks
to other tasks, or open new tasks.

If you have a comment or status update for a task that is of general
interest--for example you have a document that you want people to look
at, use the reply button on the ticket editing page; this will reply
to the krbwg-51 list as well as update the database record for your
task.  If you simply want to update the task record so that people who
look at your task can see your status, use the comment button.

Mail will be sent in the near future explaining the other ticket
queues on the system.

------- End of forwarded message -------