Subject: Security Training - Three Courses - 1) Security for Managers 2) UNIX Countermeasures 3) Net Security and Intrusion Detection

From: David Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:21:15 -0400

To:     [email-masked]

Listed below are three very relevant courses designed for government security 
managers and network security staff.  Please pass this message to your staff 
most concerned with network security and training.

For more information on these courses, go to www.marketaccess.org.

COURSE ONE:	NETWORK SECURITY FOR MANAGERS

Expand your ability to perform network security planning 

Benefits
* Familiarize yourself with the most current attacks on networks today 
* Learn how to analyze and understand the importance of making your networks 
secure 
* Learn how to manage your network with effective security tools 
* Learn what is involved in setting up your own security policy and incident 
handling 

Who Should Attend
Network managers, system/network administrators, government/business executives 

Prerequisites
Must have knowledge and understanding of network and inter-networking environment 

Course Details

Two-day class offered on the following dates: 

* April 18-19, 2001 
* May 17-18, 2001 
* June 12-13, 2001 
conducted at Federal Network Systems at 9861 Broken Land Parkway, Suite 110, 
Columbia, MD 21046. 

Class times: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Price: $695

For more information on this course, go to http://www.marketaccess.org/training_managers_ns.asp

COURSE TWO:	UNIX COUNTERMEASURES

Learn state-of-the-art methods of protecting your system 

Benefits:

This class is hands-on. Students will install a BSD operating system and configure 
it as a hardened operating system able to withstand all known penetration attacks. 
Students will learn how to configure the O/S such that a hacker will find it 
very difficult to gain super user privileges.

Students will be able to install UNIX secure platforms to meet industry standards 
and DISA STICS. Students will receive BSD and freeware security applications.

Who Should Attend:

Network support personnel, network administrators, system analysts, computer 
security, data processing, and telecommunications professionals who require an 
understanding of UNIX countermeasures.

Prerequisites :

Students must have at least one year experience as a UNIX system administrator 
or previous attendance at Federal Network Systems' Introduction to Network Security 
and Intrusion Detection (INSID) course. 

Course Details :

Five-day class conducted December 11-15, 2000, and March 5-9, 2001 at Federal 
Network Systems at 9861 Broken Land Parkway, Suite 110, Columbia, MD 21046. Find 
this address on Yahoo maps.

Class times: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Commercial price: $2,700 per student

Government price: $2,475 per student 

For more information on this course, go to http://www.marketaccess.org/training_unix_countermeasures.asp

COURSE THREE: 	Introduction to Network Security & Intrusion Detection

A Hands-On Course in Network Security 

Course Overview:

This is a five-day course designed to teach students how to identify vulnerabilities 
and protect networks. This course is taught by Federal Network Systems network 
security experts with real-world experience in the area of network intrusion 
detection and prevention. The course includes a UNIX primer/refresher necessary 
to enable students to learn material throughout the course. The UNIX overview 
covers specific elements including: command line instruction, operating system 
fundamentals, UNIX directory/file architecture, file manipulation, SMTP mail, 
and the UNIX IP protocol suite. A dual-boot Linux/Win95 laptop will be provided 
to each student for use during the class. 

Who Should Attend:

Network support personnel, network administrators, systems analysts, computer 
security professional, data processing professionals, and telecommunications 
professionals who require an understanding of network intrusions and countermeasures. 

Course Benefits:

* Familiarize yourself with common intrusion techniques. 
* Learn how to protect against conventional and unconventional attacks. 
* Explore real-world case studies presented by Federal Network Systems engineers. 
* Interact and share your experiences in a small class environment. 
* Obtain the knowledge you need in only five days! 
* Students receive a CD Rom with various hacker software tools (e.g. Exploit 
source codes, password crackers with multi-lingual dictionaries, scanning programs, 
Secure Shell, and many others) 

Helpful Experience (not required)

* Understanding of IP networking 
* Basic understanding of UNIX 
* Familiarity with basic UNIX commands 
* Basic use of VI 

Course Schedule

This five-day class is taught at Federal Network Systems at 9861 Broken Land 
Parkway, Suite 110, Columbia, MD 21046. 

Class times: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. 

Courses offered: 
April 23-27 
May 21-15 
June 18-22 

Cost

$2,700 per student -- Commercial
$2,475 per student -- Government 
On-site training also available for up to 12 students per class.

More information can be found on this course at http://www.marketaccess.org/training_nsid.asp

If you wish to be REMOVED from this list, REPLY and place REMOVE in the subject 
line.  Thank you.