Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] Requesting IANA changes to draft-ietf-krb-wg-gss-cb-hash-agility

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:40:19 -0400

I'd like to make a structural change to the proposed IANA registry in
the hash agility draft:

old:
   The IANA is hereby requested to create a new registry of "Kerberos V
      GSS-API mechanism extension types"

new: The IANA is hereby requested to create a new top-level registry
   titled "Kerberos V GSS-API Mechanism Parameters," separate from the
   existing Kerberos parameters registry. Within this registry, IANA
   is requested to create a sub-registry of "Kerberos V GSS-API
   mechanism extension types"

Rationale: draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap creates a registry of RFC 4121
token IDs. Especially in that context blending in with the existing
Kerberos parameters would be undesirable. I'd like to have the RFC
4121 sub-registries in their own space.  I do not believe there are
any existing RFC 4121 registries.

If the working group agrees with this change I'll ask the author to
incorporate this with AD feedback.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg