Subject: [Lager] [lager] #16 (specification): Process for action triggering

From: "lager issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 17:58:01 -0000

#16: Process for action triggering

 In Section 7.3, step 1
 {{{
        For any label, the disposition is given by the value of the
        "disp" attribute for the first action triggered by the label.  An
        action is triggered, if any of the following is true:

        *  the label matches or doesn't match the whole label evaluation
           rule, given in the "match" or "not-match" attribute
           respectively for that action;

        *  any or all of the recorded variant types for a variant label
           match the types specified in an "any-variant", "all-variants",
           or "only-variants" attribute, for that action, and in case of
           "only-variants", the label contains only code points that are
           the target of applied variant mappings;

        *  the label matches or doesn't match the whole label evaluation
           rule, given in the "match" or "not-match" attribute
           respectively for that action and any or all of the recorded
           variant types for a variant label match the types specified in
           an "any-variant", "all-variants", or "only-variants"
           attribute, respectively, for that action, and in case of
           "only-variants" the label contains only code points that are
           the target of applied variant mappings; or

        *  the action does not contain any "match", "not-match", "any-
           variant", "all-variants", or "only-variants" attributes:
           catch-all.
 }}}

 is not consistent with section 6.2.1:
 {{{
    In each action, one variant type trigger may be present by itself or
    in conjunction with an attribute matching or not-matching a rule.  If
    variant triggers and rule-matching triggers are used together, the
    label MUST "match" or respectively "not-match" the specified rule,
    AND satisfy the conditions on the variant type values given by the
    "any-variant", "all-variants", or "only-variants" attribute.
 }}}

 since it allows for an action with both "match"/"not-match" attributes and
 "xxx-variant(s)" attributes to be triggered only by a match with a WLE
 rule.

 Suggestion: replace section 7.3, step 1 by:

 {{{
    1.  For any label, the disposition is given by the value of the
        "disp" attribute for the first action triggered by the label.  An
        action is triggered, if all of the following is true:

        *  the label matches or doesn't match the whole label evaluation
           rule, given in the "match" or "not-match" attribute
           respectively for that action;

        *  any or all of the recorded variant types for a variant label
           match the types specified in an "any-variant", "all-variants",
           or "only-variants" attribute, for that action, and in case of
           "only-variants", the label contains only code points that are
           the target of applied variant mappings;

        *  the action does not contain any "match", "not-match", "any-
           variant", "all-variants", or "only-variants" attributes:
           catch-all.
 }}}

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-lager-
  [email-masked]    |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  specification            |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lager/trac/ticket/16>
lager <http://tools.ietf.org/lager/>