Subject: [Lager] Process to trigger an action

From: Audric Schiltknecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 13:00:20 -0400

Hi,

I have some issues with the text in section 7.3, step 1, which I'd like
to confirm with the WG before creating a ticket in the tracker.

Step 1 deals with action triggering:

"
An action is triggered, if any of the following is true:
"
Then follows a list which I will sum-up as:

* Check "match"/"not-match" attributes
* Check "xxx-variant(s)" attributes
* Check "match"/"not-match" and "xxx-variant(s)"
* Catch-all

As I understand the current text, if there is an action with both
"match"/"not-match" attributes and "xxx-variant(s)" attributes and the
action has a match for a WLE rule, then it is triggered and the
disposition can be returned.

It seems like this is not what is intended, as per section 6.2.1:

"
   If
   variant triggers and rule-matching triggers are used together, the
   label MUST "match" or respectively "not-match" the specified rule,
   AND satisfy the conditions on the variant type values given by the
   "any-variant", "all-variants", or "only-variants" attribute.
"

So if I am not mistaken, maybe we should change section 7.3, step 1 to:

"
   1.  For any label, the disposition is given by the value of the
       "disp" attribute for the first action triggered by the label.  An
       action is triggered, if all of the following is true:

       *  the label matches or doesn't match the whole label evaluation
          rule, given in the "match" or "not-match" attribute
          respectively for that action;

       *  any or all of the recorded variant types for a variant label
          match the types specified in an "any-variant", "all-variants",
          or "only-variants" attribute, for that action, and in case of
          "only-variants", the label contains only code points that are
          the target of applied variant mappings;

       *  the action does not contain any "match", "not-match", "any-
          variant", "all-variants", or "only-variants" attributes:
          catch-all.
"

ie., change "any" to "all" and remove the third bullet which is now
redundant with the first two bullets.

Audric

---

From: Asmus Freytag <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 10:40:37 -0700

That seems like a useful clarification. Please enter a ticket and I'll 
add it to the -01 draft.

A./

On 8/26/2015 10:00 AM, Audric Schiltknecht wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Lager mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lager
>

---

From: Audric Schiltknecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 13:58:59 -0400

> That seems like a useful clarification. Please enter a ticket and I'll

Thanks, ticket https://tools.ietf.org/wg/lager/trac/ticket/16 created.