Subject: [Lager] [lager] #30 (specification): Missing disposition value?

From: "lager issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 05:16:09 -0000

#30: Missing disposition value?

 In section 6.3 there is a possible missing disposition value, or,
 alternatively, the text should be adjusted.

 The sole disposition that could lead to a label being (eventually)
 delegated at this time is "allocatable", but the description of it makes
 sense only in the context of a "variant label"

 "allocatable The resulting string should be reserved for use
         by the same operator of the origin string, but not
         automatically allocated for use."

 In the root zone LGR work, we have been using "valid" for a disposition
 that is for an original label - this use is in contrast to "invalid", just
 as allocatable is in contrast to "reserved".

 As it stands the specification is defective, because "allocatable" implies
 that this is for a label other than the original label.

 I think there is some benefit to being able to give the original label a
 different disposition (i.e. "valid") than any variant label, in other
 words, a benefit to not conflate "allocatable" with "valid".

 Therefore, I suggest that we formally add "valid" to the list of
 recommended dispositions.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-lager-
  [email-masked]   |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:               |    Version:
  specification          |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lager/trac/ticket/30>
lager <https://tools.ietf.org/lager/>

---

From: "lager issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 05:17:38 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 (Correction: I meant "blocked" not "reserved")

  specification          |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lager/trac/ticket/30#comment:1>
lager <https://tools.ietf.org/lager/>