Subject: [Lager] [lager] #24 (specification): Pattern for Reference ID

From: "lager issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2015 22:39:08 -0000

#24: Pattern for Reference ID

 The "id" attribute is currently not restriced (the schema has "text").
 However that is in conflict with the "ref" which consists of a space
 separated list of "id" values.

 A minimal fix would be to make "id" a NMTOKEN and ref NMTOKENS

 However, we want these id's to be short; in fact we recommend them to be
 numeric values. There is some use case for alphabetic abbreviations, so
 after discussion on the list the following pattern could be used to
 restrict the "id" value.

 ([-_.:A-Z\d])+

 that is allow the uppercase letters A-Z and a few punctuation marks in
 case people need to support hierarchical reference ids.

 Having a restricted set will help make implementations more robust and
 encourage authors to make these short; as they are potentially applied to
 every single element in the repertoire we really don't want these to be
 very long.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-lager-
  [email-masked]   |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:               |    Version:
  specification          |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lager/trac/ticket/24>
lager <https://tools.ietf.org/lager/>

---

From: "lager issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 05:21:23 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 This restriction is now part of -06 revision of the specification

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-lager-
  [email-masked]   |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:               |     Version:
  specification          |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lager/trac/ticket/24#comment:1>
lager <https://tools.ietf.org/lager/>