Subject: [Manet-dt] PacketBB IANA Registry Private Use Space

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:40:26 -0700

PacketBB authors, is there a reason behind allocating half the type
space to private use?

Ian

_______________________________________________
Manet-dt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet-dt

---

From: "Dearlove, Christopher \(UK\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:16:00 +0100

> PacketBB authors, is there a reason behind allocating half the type

Two parts to that. First, I think that it's clear we need some private
use type space, that's pretty universal with such things.

Second, why half? First, it's convenient, and I don't think we're
the first to suggest such a split. Second, with a protocol specific
and general split I think we have enough space to permit this. But
it's not fundamental.

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************