Subject: [NNTP] Fwd: RFC 8054 on Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) Extension for Compression

From: Julien ÉLIE <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 22:22:57 +0100

Hi all,

RFC 8054 (COMPRESS extension for NNTP) has just been published.
Thanks to all involved!

  https://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc8054.txt

I hope to see more and more implementations of this extension
in clients and servers.

-- 
Julien

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : RFC 8054 on Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) Extension for Compression
Date : Wed, 25 Jan 2017 17:30:04 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

                RFC 8054

        Title:      Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP)
                    Extension for Compression
        Author:     K. Murchison, J. Elie
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2017
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 46113
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-murchison-nntp-compress-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8054

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8054

This document defines an extension to the Network News Transport
Protocol (NNTP) that allows a connection to be effectively and
efficiently compressed between an NNTP client and server.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for
the standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.