Subject: [OPSEC] Security Assessment of the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 21:37:15 -0200

Hello, folks,

Last week the UK CPNI (United Kingdom's Centre for the Protection of
National Infrastructure) released the document "Security Assessment of
the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)". The document analyzes the
relevant specifications from a security point of view, and also analyzes
  the implications of some implementation strategies taken by popular
TCP implementations. This document is available at:
http://www.cpni.gov.uk/Docs/tn-03-09-security-assessment-TCP.pdf

As part of the same project, we have produced an IETF I-D version of the
UK CPNI document, in the hope that the IETF works on this stuff and
hopefully publishes some version of the aforementioned document. The
resulting IETF I-D is entitled "Security Assessment of the Transmission
Control Protocol (TCP)" (draft-gont-tcp-security-00.txt) and is
available at: http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gont-tcp-security-00.txt

Any comments will be more than welcome.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
- --
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1