Subject: [PWE3] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5601 (1872)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 02:38:05 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5601,
"Pseudowire (PW) Management Information Base (MIB)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5601&eid=1872

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 12, pg.46

Original Text
-------------
a)  [[ DESCRIPTION clause for pwGenFecIndexMappingLocalAII OBJECT-TYPE ]]

          "This object is an octet string representing the local
           forwarder attachment individual identifier (AII) to be used
           by this PW.  It is used as the SAII for outgoing signaling
|          messages and the TAII in the incoming messages from the
           peer."

b)  [[ DESCRIPTION clause for pwGenFecIndexMappingRemoteAII OBJECT-TYPE ]]

          "This object is an octet string representing the peer
           forwarder attachment individual identifier (AII) to be used
           by this PW.  It is used as the TAII for outgoing signaling
|          messages and the SAII in the incoming messages from the
           peer."

Corrected Text
--------------
a)
          "This object is an octet string representing the local
           forwarder attachment individual identifier (AII) to be used
           by this PW.  It is used as the SAII for outgoing signaling
|          messages and expected as the TAII in the incoming messages
           from the peer."

b)
          "This object is an octet string representing the peer
           forwarder attachment individual identifier (AII) to be used
           by this PW.  It is used as the TAII for outgoing signaling
|          messages and expected as the SAII in the incoming messages
           from the peer."

Notes
-----
Rationale: same as for EID=1858 !

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5601 (draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-mib-14)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Pseudowire (PW) Management Information Base (MIB)
Publication Date    : July 2009
Author(s)           : T. Nadeau, Ed., D. Zelig, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG