Subject: [PWE3] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5601 (1858)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 00:31:33 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5601,
"Pseudowire (PW) Management Information Base (MIB)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5601&eid=1858

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 12, pg.19/20

Original Text
-------------
a)  [[ DESCRIPTION clause for pwLocalAttachmentID OBJECT-TYPE,
       at the bottom of page 19: ]]

         "This object is an octet string representing the local
          forwarder attachment individual identifier (AII) to be
          used by this PW.  It is used as the Source AII (SAII) for
|         outgoing signaling messages and the Target AII (TAII) in
          the incoming messages from the peer.  Applicable if
          pwOwner equal 'genFecSignaling'."

b)  [[ DESCRIPTION clause for pwRemoteAttachmentID OBJECT-TYPE,
       on top of page 20: ]]
 
         "This object is an octet string representing the remote
          forwarder attachment individual identifier (AII) to be
          used by this PW.  It is used as the TAII for outgoing
|         signaling messages and the SAII in the incoming messages
          from the peer.
          Applicable if pwOwner equals 'genFecSignaling'."

Corrected Text
--------------
a)
         "This object is an octet string representing the local
          forwarder attachment individual identifier (AII) to be
          used by this PW.  It is used as the Source AII (SAII) for
|         outgoing signaling messages and expected as the Target
          AII (TAII) in the incoming messages from the peer.
          Applicable if pwOwner equal 'genFecSignaling'."

b)
         "This object is an octet string representing the remote
          forwarder attachment individual identifier (AII) to be
          used by this PW.  It is used as the TAII for outgoing
|         signaling messages and expected as the SAII in the
          incoming messages from the peer.
          Applicable if pwOwner equals 'genFecSignaling'."

Notes
-----
Rationale: 
The phrase talking about "use" of a value in an incoming message
is potentially misleading.  The insertion of "expected as" should
cure the issue, with minimal footprint.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5601 (draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-mib-14)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Pseudowire (PW) Management Information Base (MIB)
Publication Date    : July 2009
Author(s)           : T. Nadeau, Ed., D. Zelig, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG