Subject: [PWE3] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5601 (1870)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 02:26:39 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5601,
"Pseudowire (PW) Management Information Base (MIB)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5601&eid=1870

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 12, pg.44

Original Text
-------------
[[ DESCRIPTION clause for pwGenFecIndexMappingTable OBJECT-TYPE: ]]

          "This table enables the reverse mapping of the unique
           PWid parameters [GroupAttachmentID, LocalAttachmentID,
           and PeerAttachmentID] and the pwIndex.  The table is
|          only applicable for PW using the generalized FEC."

Corrected Text
--------------
          "This table enables the reverse mapping of the unique
           PWid parameters [GroupAttachmentID, LocalAttachmentID,
           and PeerAttachmentID] and the pwIndex.  The table is
|          only applicable for PWs using the generalized FEC."

Notes
-----
Rationale: plural is needed!

Note:

Surprisingly, the whole definition of the Gen Fec PW ID mapping table
(starting with this entry and extending down to the top of page 47)
is not contained in the part of the MIB module enclosed in comments
   'Reverse mapping tables'  /  'End of reverse mapping tables'
(extending from top of page 40 to mid-page 43).
It would have been better to move the specification of this table
into that part as well, i.e. to its end -- irrespective of the OID
value assigned to the pwGenFecIndexMappingTable object.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5601 (draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-mib-14)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Pseudowire (PW) Management Information Base (MIB)
Publication Date    : July 2009
Author(s)           : T. Nadeau, Ed., D. Zelig, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG