Subject: [PWE3] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5601 (1866)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 02:07:10 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5601,
"Pseudowire (PW) Management Information Base (MIB)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5601&eid=1866

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 12, pg.42

Original Text
-------------
[[ 2nd para of DESCRIPTION clause for pwPeerMappingEntry OBJECT-TYPE: ]]

          Implementers need to be aware that if the value of the
|         pwPeerMappingPeerAddr (an OID) has more than 113
          sub-identifiers, then OIDs of column instances in this
          table will have more than 128 sub-identifiers and cannot
          be accessed using SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, or SNMPv3."

Corrected Text
--------------
          Implementers need to be aware that if the value of the
|         pwPeerMappingPeerAddr corresponds to more than 113
          sub-identifiers, then OIDs of column instances in this
          table will have more than 128 sub-identifiers and cannot
          be accessed using SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, or SNMPv3."

Notes
-----
Rationale:
pwPeerMappingPeerAddr is an OCTET STRING, not an OID;
cf. EID=1864.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5601 (draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-mib-14)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Pseudowire (PW) Management Information Base (MIB)
Publication Date    : July 2009
Author(s)           : T. Nadeau, Ed., D. Zelig, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG