Subject: [Rats] draft-ietf-rats-tpm-based-network-device-attest

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 17:05:58 -0400

Hi,

Though draft-ietf-rats-tpm-based-network-device-attest has passed the WGLC,
I am providing some potential editorial nits as well as one question I
have. The document appears to me very clear and I apologize for the late
comments.

Yours,
Daniel

section intro

verify that what's there matches the intended configuration.

I am wondering if there is not a nits there and that it should not be
whether they match the intended configuration. Not being native english
speaker it might be just me.

section 1.3

Remote Integrity Verification should be RIV I guess.

Privacy and Security shows maybe should be "Privacy and Security sections
show" to remain more coherent to the section enumeration.

Similarly the last bullet should maybe be Appendix provides supporting
material.

section 1.4/1.5

I understand Software Inventory as the software release installed in the
TPM but considering section 1.5 I am unsure the scope is not the software
to be attested - in other words the BIOS.
Assuming it means the software release in the TPM, I am wondering if the
software version is provided via a measurement by, for example, extending
the PCR registers. In other words how the TPM release can be provided.

-- 
Daniel Migault
Ericsson