Subject: [regext] rfc7484bis

From: "Marc Blanchet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 09:46:57 -0400

Hello,
  as Scott is updating RFC7482,RFC7483 for standard level, I’m doing 
the same for rfc7484. I haven’t heard major issues or major fixes to 
be made for rfc7484. I have a few wording fixes only at this time. There 
were some discussions on enhancing RFC7484 for other use cases, but 
never went far.
  if anyone has a something to raise for RFC7484, please send me email 
asap.

Regards, Marc.

---

From: "Patrick Mevzek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 11:47:03 -0500

>   if anyone has a something to raise for RFC7484, please send me email 

Hello Marc,

Maybe just an update regarding TLS:
s/RFC5246/RFC8446/
but depending on what IANA webservers support or not.

Also about:
"
   Because these registries will be accessed by software, the download
   demand for the RDAP Bootstrap Services Registries may be unusually
   high compared to normal IANA registries.  The technical
   infrastructure by which registries are published will need to be
   reviewed and might need to be augmented.
"

5 years after the first RFC, maybe it would be useful/interesting to get some
statistics from IANA about this or even their feelings on that for the future.

For example, I do have witnessed some changes at some point, like downloads without
a User-Agent are prohibited now if I recall correctly.

-- 
  Patrick Mevzek
  [email-masked]

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Aug 2020 14:39:57 -0400

>but depending on what IANA webservers support or not.

The current URLs in the bootstrap registry are all http:// URLs.

In fact https:// works and they support TLS 1.3.

Perhaps we could encourage IANA to update the URLs.

R's,
JOhn

---

From: "Marc Blanchet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:29:50 -0400

> statistics from IANA about this or even their feelings on that for the 

I’ve got word from IANA management some time ago that there were no 
issues regarding these registries or the volume. However, I don’t have 
statistics. And they said that they had no comment on a possible bis 
version.

> a User-Agent are prohibited now if I recall correctly.

I don’t have any data. Will ask. To my understanding, this registry is 
served by a contracted CDN. So it might be a change in policy by the 
CDN.

Marc.