Subject: [regext] RFC 8807 on Login Security Extension for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 20:51:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8807

        Title:      Login Security Extension for the 
                    Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) 
        Author:     J. Gould,
                    M. Pozun
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-regext-login-security-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8807

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8807

The Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) includes a client
authentication scheme that is based on a user identifier and
password. The structure of the password field is defined by an XML
Schema data type that specifies minimum and maximum password length
values, but there are no other provisions for password management
other than changing the password.  This document describes an EPP
extension that allows longer passwords to be created and adds
additional security features to the EPP login command and response.

This document is a product of the Registration Protocols Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC