Subject: [Rum] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-rum-rue-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 13:48:00 -0800

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-rum-rue-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rum-rue/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have very little substantive to add -- other ADs are already holding
DISCUSSes for the concerns that I had.

I would like to note though that I find this sort of document (e.g:
"Implementations of the RUE Interface MUST conform to the following core SIP
standards: [ <many many documents> ]") really useful. When a customer (or
pointy-haired-boss) asks you to implement or deploy some new protocol you've
never even heard of, it is incredibly helpful to have 1: a
use-case/requirements doc so you know what the protocol does, 2: an overview /
architecture, 3: a list of other important docs and 4: an
operational/deployment doc. This document covers a number of these parts.