Subject: [Rum] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-rum-rue-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 23:04:48 -0800

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-rum-rue-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rum-rue/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[S5; nit]

* Both RFCs 6655 and 6665 are mentioned.  I think the 6655 reference
  should actually be to 6665 (unless "AES-CCM Cipher Suites for TLS" is
  of specific importance).

[S6; nit]

* W.R.T.: "Mandatory to Implement" means a conforming implementation must
  implement the specified capability.

  It seems like, since 8174 is in use, this "must" might be a "MUST",
  to avoid any ambiguity.

---

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 14:38:10 -0500

Thank you for your comments.  I have made these changes to the next version.

Brian

> On Dec 11, 2021, at 2:04 AM, Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
>