Subject: [Sipping] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3398 (2580)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:31:46 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3398,
"Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) User Part (ISUP) to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Mapping".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3398&eid=2580

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Stephen James <[email-masked]>

Section: 8.1.3

Original Text
-------------
Item 6.
The gateway also sends a CANCEL message to the SIP node to
terminate any initiation attempts.

Corrected Text
--------------
Drop this statement.

Notes
-----
No CANCEL is sent on INVITE transaction timeout. This is per 3261 "If no provisional response has been received, the CANCEL request MUST NOT be sent; rather, the client MUST wait for the arrival of a provisional response before sending the request."

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3398 (draft-ietf-sipping-isup-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) User Part (ISUP) to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Mapping
Publication Date    : December 2002
Author(s)           : G. Camarillo, A. B. Roach, J. Peterson, L. Ong
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Session Initiation Proposal Investigation
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG