Subject: Mail Services

From: "Michael Hallgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 15:39:23 +0200

Hi,

Might be somewhat out of track, but I'd appreciate to get a lead for a
decision ;)

I'm reflecting on an SMTP service sending S/MIME encoded mail. The public
cert's
should be retreived from a directory service and the mail generated by an
automat
(upon stimuli) rather than a desktop mail client (no manual interaction,
that is).

Now, I was tempted to make use of the SFL libraries, and implementing the
service
over OSS. However, I'm living and working in France... ...

So, I'm now reflecting on comercially offer's. What about the SIMS (Sun)
Entrust/PKI
couple. Has anyone sucessfully tried it out for some similar implementation
? Any
advice ?

Cheers

mh
--
Michael Hallgren, http://m.hallgren.free.fr

                    Always make mistakes.

                            - E Dyson

---

From: "Michael Hallgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 17:25:20 +0200

Hi Michael

> I'm not completely sure what it really is you want to do, but I hope I'm
> soon going to send automatically created (content and addresses from DB,
> cert/keys from a .p12 file (according to PKCS 12)) S/MIME messages via a
> normal SMTP server.
> I'm using a full strength Java Cryptography Extension reimplementation
> and an S/MIME package available from:
>
> http://jcewww.iaik.tu-graz.ac.at
>
> ' hope this is helpful :)

Sure is. I went to take a look. It seems to be exactly what I'm looking for
(up to possible licensing
issues).

Thanks

Cheers

mh

> Michael
> Michael Hallgren wrote:
> PIRONET INTRANET AG
> Michael Probst - SBU Services
> Im Mediapark 5 - 50670 Cologne - Germany
> Tel.: +49 (0)221 454 3771 - Fax: +49 (0)221 454 3710
> mailto:[email-masked] - http://www.pironet.com
>

---

From: "Michael Hallgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:16:55 +0200

Hi,

Could someone confirm that SoftArcs FirsClass clients are S/MIME compatible
?

Cheers

mh