Subject: [Trigtran] Updated TRIGTRAN BOF Agenda

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:32:17 -0500

Triggers for Transport BOF (trigtran)

Thursday, March 20 at 0900-1130
================================

CHAIRS:	Carl Williams <[email-masked]>
	Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

- Agenda Bashing								10 minutes

- Issues identified in TRIGTRAN Framework draft	    20 minutes
	Constraints of Minimal Architecture
	Form of Registrations
	Form of Notifications
	Allowable Responses to Notifications
	Deployment Issues
	Security

- Questions leading to a WG charter	       50 minutes
        - can we agree on the list of canonical triggers?
	- is an end-to-end solution sufficient, 
		or do we really need help from the network?
	- are explicit messages required?
	- can these triggers be generated by subnetwork technologies?
	- can we agree on a list of reasonable responses?
	- who would use TRIGTRAN notifications? (OMA, SIP, etc.)?
	- who would implement a reasonable TRIGTRAN specification?

- Next Steps leading to a TRIGTRAN working group   40 minutes
        IETF? or IRTF? (some of both)?
	Volunteers?
	Documents?
	Timeline
	Land Mines

References:

Strawman TRIGTRAN framework (version 00)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dawkins-trigtran-framework-00.txt

Strawman TRIGTRAN problem Statement updated (version 01)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dawkins-trigtran-probstmt-01.txt

How to subsribe to TRIGTRAN mailing list:

The mailing list information is at 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trigtran

The mailing list archives are at 
http://www.ietf.org/mailarchive/workinggroups/trigtran
/current/maillist.html

Please followup on the TRIGTRAN mailing list, at [email-masked].

--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web - Check your email from the web at
http://mail2web.com/ .

_______________________________________________
Trigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trigtran

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:40:44 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,

The key change to this agenda is moving the question on 
canonical triggers to the top of the discussion. 

What we'd really like to know is whether we're talking several
triggers, or just "Connectivity Restored" (previously known as 
TCP Kickstart or ICMP Encourage). Please bring your opinions to 
the BoF, and postings to the mailing list are always welcomed.

Thanks!

Spencer, for Spencer and Carl

> mail2web - Check your email from the web at

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Web Hosting - establish your business online
http://webhosting.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
Trigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trigtran