Subject: [Trigtran] I-D ACTION:draft-dawkins-trigtran-probstmt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:51:52 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Problem Statement for Triggers for Transport(TRIGTRAN)
	Author(s)	: S. Dawkins et al.
	Filename	: draft-dawkins-trigtran-probstmt-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2003-3-6
	
When transport protocols are deployed over a path including a 
wireless sub-network, a wireless access device now has 
significantly better knowledge of the wireless portion of the 
connection path characteristics than one or both endpoints. 
End-to-end mechanisms continue to work (see [PILC] and related 
specifications), but must rely on communication over a sub-
network link that experiences outages and degradation. This 
document will set the framework for investigation of whether 
this special knowledge from wireless access devices can be 
useful to endpoint transports.  While the initial focus is on 
wireless links, other links will also be taken into account.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dawkins-trigtran-probstmt-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dawkins-trigtran-probstmt-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dawkins-trigtran-probstmt-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.