Subject: RFC1407 question

From: Chin Peng <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 09:43:58 -0500

Hello,

I have a question regarding dsx3FarEndConfigTable and hope that someone
can answer. The dsx3FarEndConfigTable is described as "contains
configuration
> information reported in the C-bit from the remote end".  If this is
the
> case, why are most of the OIDs in this table have "read-write"
ACCESS?
> Does this table contain information reported by the far
> end or information to be reported to the far end?  Don't we need both?
if both exist, the one to be reported to the far end would have >
"read-write" ACCESS and the one reported from the far end would have
"read" ACCESS only.

Regards,

Chin

---

From: Dave Fowler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 16:58:02 -0500

Chin,

There are a number of specifications which discuss DS3.  I think
that ANSI T1.404 is a good one for this, but I haven't looked at it too
closely.
ANSI T1.107 also has C-bit discussions.

Regards,
David

-- 
David Fowler                                   email:
[email-masked]
Newbridge Networks Corporation                 voice: (613) 599-3600 
ext.6559
600 March Rd, Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2K 2E6  fax:   (613) 599-3619