Subject: forwarded message from The IESG

From: John Flick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 15:34:09 -0800 (PST)

I didn't see this make it out onto this list, so I thought you all
might be interested that the IESG has (finally) approved the VG
Repeater MIB document for Proposed Standard.

John

Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.12 Repeater Devices to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce:;;;@ns.ietf.org;
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 12:25:15 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Definitions of Managed
Objects for IEEE 802.12 Repeater Devices'
<draft-ietf-vgmib-repeater-dev-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the 100VG-AnyLAN MIB Working Group.  The
IESG contact person(s) are Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
 This document defines a portion of the Management Information Base
  (MIB) for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP-based
  internets.  In particular, it defines objects for managing network
  repeaters based on IEEE 802.12.

Working Group Summary 

  The Working Group last call produced no issues with this document.

Protocol Quality 

  This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Maria Greene. It has
  also been reviewed by Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas Narten of the IESG.