Subject: [lamps] Martin Vigoureux's No Record on draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Martin Vigoureux via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 15:07:30 -0700

Martin Vigoureux has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-09: No Record

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

thank you for this document.

   There have been recent advances in cryptanalysis and advances in the
   development of quantum computers.  Each of these advances pose a
   threat to widely deployed digital signature algorithms.

   Recent advances in cryptoanalysis [BH2013] and progress in the
   development of quantum computers [NAS2019] pose a threat to widely
   deployed digital signature algorithms.

looks redundant.

-m

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 22:25:31 -0400

Martin:

Sure.  I'll delete the first one.

Russ

> On Sep 17, 2019, at 6:07 PM, Martin Vigoureux via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Spasm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spasm