Subject: [tana] 2nd CFP: 20th ITC Specialist Seminar on Network Virtualization

From: "Kurt Tutschku" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:28:32 +0100 (CET)

**********************************************************************************
Call-for-Paper

UPDATE:
- KEYNOTES AND INVITED SPEAKER
- PUBLICATION OF SELECTED REVISED PAPERS in

20th ITC Specialist Seminar on
NETWORK VIRTUALIZATION – Concepts and Performance Aspects

http://www.itcspecialistseminar.com/itcss20/
18.-20. Mai 2009
Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Resort, Hoi An, Viet Nam
**********************************************************************************

AIMS AND TOPICS
Network virtualization is the technology that allows the simultaneous
operation of multiple logical networks (also known as overlays) on a
single physical platform. Network virtualization permits distributed
participants to create almost instantly their own network with
application-specific naming, routing, and resource management mechanisms.
For instance, server virtualization enables users to use parts of a
computing center as their own personal computer. Recently, network
virtualization received tremendous attention since it is expected to be
one of the major paradigms for the future Internet as proposed by numerous
international initiatives on future networks, e.g. PlanetLab (USA,
International), GENI (USA), AKARI (JAPAN), OneLab2 (Europe), and G-Lab
(Germany).

A major objective of this ITC Specialist Seminar is to early identify
future performance issues and to provide methodologies and mechanisms to
address the various  performance problems in network virtualization. The
seminar is intended as a forum for scientists and engineers in academia
and industry to exchange and discuss their latest experiences and research
results. It will address techniques, architectures, performance models,
and performance engineering methods leading to real world network
virtualization solutions that provide users with efficient techniques for
creating and operating their own high performance virtual network.

Topics of interest are amongst others, but not limited to:
o Performance issues of virtualization techniques on routers and end hosts
o Performance issues of bandwidth and resource virtualization techniques
o Performance issues of overlays for future network architectures
o Performance of virtualized transport mechanisms
o Performance of virtualized services and virtualized applications
o Virtual test labs and network federation

KEYNOTES AND INVITED TALKS
The organizers of the seminar are proud to announce the following keynote
and invited speakes:

o Keynote: Prof. H. Kobayashi (Sherman Fairchild University Professor
Erimitus of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and former Dean of
the School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS), Princeton
University, USA)
o Invited Talk: Prof. A. Nakao (Head of the Network Virtualization
Laboratory of NICT, Japan and Associate Professor at the Graduate School
of Interdisciplinary Information Studies, The University of Tokyo)

IMPORTANT DATES
Submission deadline: December 15, 2008
Acceptance notification: January 31, 2008
Camera ready: February 20, 2008

PUBLICATION
All papers will be published in the workshop proceedings. In addition,
selected papers will be invited for being published as an extended version
in a special issue on "Network Virtualization" of the International
Journal of Communication Networks and Distributed Systems  (IJCNDS,
http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalCODE=ijcnds)

GENERAL CHAIR
o Phuoc Tran-Gia, University of Wuerzburg, Germany

GENERAL CO-CHAIR
o Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs, France

TPC CHAIRS
o Kurt Tutschku, University of Vienna, Austria
o Paul Mueller, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
o Frederic Dang Tran, France Telecom Orange Group, France

PUBLICITY CHAIR
o Rastin Pries, University of Wuerzburg, Germany

TPC
o Stephan Baucke, Ericsson Research, Germany
o Andy Bavier, Princeton University, USA
o Hans van den Berg, TNO and Twente University, Netherlands
o Marcus Brunner, NEC, Germany
o Joachim Charzinski, Nokia Siemens Networks, Munich, Germany
o Omar Cherkaoui, University of Quebec in Montreal, Canada
o Nguyen Dai Tho, College of Technology, Ha Noi National University, Viet Nam
o Serge Fdida, Universite Pierre & Marie Curie, Paris, France
o Markus Fiedler, Blekinge Tekniska Högskola, Karlskrona, Sweden
o Carmelita Goerg, University of Bremen, Germany
o JongWon Kim, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, Korea
o Ulf Koerner, Lund University, Sweden
o Daniel Kofman, ENST/INFRES/RHD, Paris, France
o Paul Kuehn, University of Stuttgart, Germany
o Kenji Leibnitz, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
o Laurent Mathy, Lancester University, Lancester, United Kingdom
o Deep Medhi, University of Missouri - Kansas City, Kansas City, MO, USA
o Michael Menth, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
o Masayuki Murata, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
o Akihiro Nakao, The University of Tokyo/NICT, Tokyo, Japan
o Nguyen Ngoc Binh, College of Technology, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
o Guy Pujolle, LIP6, France
o Dario Rossi, ENST Telecom Paris, France
o Hiroshi Saito, NTT, Tokyo, Japan
o Moshe Sidi, Technion, Haifa, Israel
o Ralf Steinmetz, University of Darmstadt, Germany
o Martin Stiemerling, NEC, Heidelberg, Germany
o Pascale Vicat-Blanc Primet, Inria, France

LOCAL ORGANIZATION CHAIR
o Nguyen Tien Dzung, Ha Noi University of Technology, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
o Nguyen Huu Thanh, Ha Noi University of Technology, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
o Vu Duy Loi, College of Technology, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
o Nguyen Ngoc Hien, College of Technology, Ha Noi National Unversity, Viet
Nam
o Nguyen Dinh Viet, College of Technology, Ha Noi National Unversity, Viet
Nam
o Doan Minh Phuong, College of Technology, Ha Noi National Unversity, Viet
Nam
o Nguyen Minh Tri, College of Technology, Ha Noi National Unversity, Viet Nam
o Duong Ba Hong Thuan, Ha Noi University of Technology, Viet Nam
o Nguyen Huyen Trang, Ha Noi University of Technology, Viet Nam

---
Prof. Dr. Kurt Tutschku
Chair of Future Communication (Endowed by Telekom Austria)
Institute of Distributed and Multimedia Systems, Faculty of Computer Science
University of Vienna, Universitaetsstrasse 10/T11, 1090 Wien, Austria.

Tel: +43/1/4277-39611

mailto:[email-masked] or mailto:[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
tana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tana